ant-user mailing list archives

From "David A. Bartmess" <dingod...@edingo.net>
Subject Re: how to make hierchical build possible with ANT?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 04:15:40 GMT
The dir attribute defaults to the current project's basedir, UNLESS
"inheritall" has been set to false. In other words, add
inheritAll="false" to your ant calls, and it should work. If you need
to pass properties already defined, then setup a propertyset, and add
that as a nested element to each ant task call...

Hope this helps!

At 08:19 PM 7/28/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>    I have to create a directory structure for a project in which
> one dir has many sub dirs.
>now how to call build.xml of subdirectories from top level build.xml.
>
>I am using following code segment in top level build.xml to call
>subsystem build.xml.
>

><target name="template" depends="gcc">
>         <!-- order matters: -->
>         <ant target="${target}" dir="subsystem1"/>
>         <ant target="${target}" dir="subsystem2"/>        <ant
> target="${target}" dir="subsystem3"/>
>

>but it is not parsing build.xmls of subsystems.
>each subsystem has its own build.xml
>
>any suggestions??
>
>thanks,
>hiren patel

>  Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager
http://edingo.net
---
jSyncManager Open Source PDA Sync Program
Developer
http://jsyncmanager.org