ant-user mailing list archives

From "David A. Bartmess" <dingod...@edingo.net>
Subject Re: While Looping in ANT
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:27:43 GMT
You can use the "waitfor" task to wait until the specific property
has been set, it can use the "if" condition...
 From the manual:

Blocks execution until a set of specified conditions become true.
This is intended to be used with the
<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/parallel.html>parallel task
to synchronize a set of processes.

The conditions to wait for are defined in
<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/waitfor.html#nested>nested
elements, if multiple conditions are specified, then the task will
wait until all conditions are true..

<waitfor>
   <istrue value="${you.property}"/>
</waitfor>

At 10:11 PM 7/22/2005, you wrote:

>Does anyone know how I implement a loop similar to a while loop?
>
>  I want to keep checking to see if a particular property is set in a
>target, once that target is executed it can be a while before the
>property is finally set, then once the property is set I can execute
>another target.
>I would like to know how to keep checking for a property without exiting
>the ant JVM.
>
>Thx
>Anil

David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager
http://edingo.net
---
jSyncManager Open Source PDA Sync Program
Developer
http://jsyncmanager.org