ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Improving the manual
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:07:58 GMT
Simon Chappell wrote:
> On 7/27/05, Roedy Green <> wrote:
>>The big problem with the Ant manual is the people who wrote it knew
>>too much. I can see various ways to make it more intelligible to the
>>first timer:
> Well, I actually like the Ant manual just the way it is. I find it
> very useful and I get pretty much what I need from it. So please don't
> force it to change.
> Now, that said, I am in favour of the creation of documentation more
> directly targetted at the first time or still quite new user. There
> are a number of introductions to ant, but something that would take
> it's time and that explained the concepts would be very useful.

One thing that would be useful (and has been discussed on the dev list
recently), is a set of presentations that can be used to explain ant to
an audience. An introduction to ant would be one of the presentations,
effective junit another, ... etc.

these could be both tutorials and things that anyone can use to explain
ant to others.

contributions welcome.

-openoffice only
-will be published under the asf licence (i.e. freely editable)
-no non-standard fonts, no matter how nice they are
-no more than 30 slides (an hour talk with questions) per topic
-detailed notes underneath the slides for presenters.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message