ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: storing optional (ftp) task jar dependency under my project instead of under /ant/lib
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:27:40 GMT
Asle Pedersen wrote:

>I prefer alt.3 and try using taskdefs before without success. I did
>try it again now also not successfully. Could you please supply me
>with a complete working example?
>
>This is how my (non-working) build.xml looks like now:
>(both .jar files are placed in the lib directory under the basedir)
>
><project name="imweb" default="upload" basedir=".">
>
>	<taskdef name="ftp" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP">
>	 <classpath>
>	   <pathelement	location="/lib/ant-commons-net.jar"/>
>	   <pathelement location="/lib/commons-net-1.1.0.jar"/>
>	 </classpath>
>	</taskdef>
>
>	<target name="upload">
>		<ftp server="..." userid="... password="..." depends="yes" verbose="yes">
>			<fileset dir="en" />
>		</ftp>
>	</target>
></project>
>
>Is it really necessary to place ant-commons-net in the classpath since
>it is already under the ant/lib path? btw! I am using ant.1.6.5

See the FAQ on classloading.
Option number 3, as Ivan says, *requires" moving ant-commons-net.jar
out of the ant lib directory to some place else, otherwise the
ant-commons-net.jar gets
loaded at ant startup time (sort of, it is in the startup classpath), and
at this time (with this classpath) it cannot see the commons net classes
so the task will not start.
Peter