ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilles QUERRET <gilles.quer...@free.fr>
Subject Nested element problem in custom task
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:52:09 GMT
Hello,

Short story : I have an issue when adding a child element to its father
: child's attribute are not set when in addChild(Child element) method...

-- build.xml fragment --
<MyTask>
   <Child attribute="value" />
   <Child attribute="value2" />
</MyTask>

In the classfile for Child, there's a setAttribute(String) method.
In the classfile for MyTask, there's a addChild(Child) method.
When the task is run, I enter the addChild method, with a newly created
Child object, but attribute's value is null.

Question : is this the normal behavior ? I just want to create a HashMap
with this attribute as a key, and the Child object as value. Or is there
  another place where I should create my HashMap ?

Thanks

Gilles QUERRET
http://pct.sf.net

PS : please also CC me, I'm not a ant-user subscriber.