ant-user mailing list archives

From <hind.lwahh...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: retrieving project names with subant
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:42:48 GMT
Goog point:) i didn't think of this solution whereas i am passing properties to my subant indeed!

-----Original Message-----
From: RADEMAKERS Tanguy [mailto:Tanguy.RADEMAKERS@swift.com]
Sent: Thu 7/14/2005 6:28 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: retrieving project names with subant

according to the manual, you can pass a nested <property> to the subant
task. You could use this to propagate your own build name property down
the tree.

<project name="main" default="main" basedir=".">
    <target name="main">
        <echo>Main project name is ${ant.project.name}</echo>
        <subant antfile="sub.xml" target="sub" buildpath="${basedir}">
        	 <property name="my.project.name"
value="${ant.project.name}"/>
        </subant>
    </target>
</project>

<project name="sub" default="sub">
    <target name="sub">
    	<echo>Sub project name is ${ant.project.name}</echo>
        <echo>Sub project (my) name is ${my.project.name}</echo>
    </target>
</project>

/t