ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Uptodate task documentation confusing
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:53:32 GMT
Hello all,

First time working with the <uptodate> task and I
think there is a problem with the doc (v1.6.2 docs)
and I just want to make sure I am reading the docs
correctly.

First off, at the to of the docs for the <uptodate>
task the following paragraph:

By default, the value of the property is set to true
if the timestamp of the target file(s) is more recent
than the timestamp of the corresponding source
file(s). You can set the value to something other than
the default by specifying the value attribute.

Note, this paragraph says that the property is set (to
true) if the TARGET IS MORE RECENT THAN THE SOURCE.

Lower in the same page the have the following example
and description:

The following example shows a single source file being
checked against a single target file:

  <uptodate property="isUpToDate"
            srcfile="/usr/local/bin/testit"
            targetfile="${build}/.flagfile"/>

sets the property isUpToDate to true if
/usr/local/bin/testit is newer than ${build}/.flagfile

Which means the property is set if the SOURCE IS NEWER
THAN THE TARGET.

So which is it?