ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Doing patch builds
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:02:14 GMT
I would discourage you from persuing a patch build solution. I would suggest that a patch build
be treated as an entire new build. There are several advantages to this approach.

1. The build and deployment process is always the same.
2. The person doing the build and deploy does not need to know what has changed, and therefore
will not need to do anything differently in order to deploy the build.
3. The build will move through your environments as a single unit. This will ensure that the
changes are tested and deployed together with their dependecies, etc.

-Rob A