ant-user mailing list archives

From "JS developer" <js_...@rediffmail.com>
Subject build.xml for javadoc of entire folder tree
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:43:09 GMT
hi,
i'm a beginner with ant, i want to generate the javadoc for the entire src.zip that comes
with the sun jdk download. I've tried a lot of standard options with the build.xml, sourcepathref,
filesets etc. but i get "build failed". Also, it tries to add all the .java source files to
the javadoc command in one single command, naturally, the command exceeds the command buffer
and fails. Can anyone suggest a url or tutorial to make ant perform a task iteratively on
every sub folder and every sub-sub folder etc. by just specifying the top folder name. I also
tried eclipse, but mysteriously, the tree view in its  export wizard does not show the source
folders which it should - eclipse users will know - others ignore.

Thanks in advance,
JS