ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: storing optional (ftp) task jar dependency under my project instead of under /ant/lib
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:29:53 GMT
Asle,

You have several other alternatives to keep your ant
distribution clean of external libs:
1) Put commons-net-1.1.0.jar in $HOME\.ant\lib (my
favourite way)
2) Place it an arbitrary directory say
/path/to/thirdparty/jars and use -lib option of ant
launching script.

3) (Requires more coding and its benefits are
doubtful). Move ant-commons-net.jar from $ANT_HOME/lib
to some other folder and in your build script
<taskdef> ftp task like this:
<taskdef name="ftp" classname="...">
  <classpath>
    <pathelement
location="/path/to/ant-commons-net.jar"/>
    <pathelement location="/path/to/commons-net.jar"/>
  </classpath>
</taskdef>

Regards
Ivan