ant-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject Re: Creating tasks in Ant for C++ project
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:32:42 GMT
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 08:17 +0200, Juergen Hermann wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:32:54 -0700 (PDT), hiren patel wrote:
> >    is it easy to create custom tasks in Ant to achieve the functionaly as
> provided by make ?
> >I want to move from make to ANT , so do you have an idea that what it takes
> to convert the
> >existing makefile to Ant files?
> with scripting languages, it is easy.

Make is essentially a declarative language where the make engine deduces
from the available facts (file timestamps) and rules what commands to

Ant is a much more conventional approach, more like custom
shell-scripting of commands to perform a build.

I would have thought that converting from one approach to the other
would have been a major project...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message