ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Albertson" <jalberts...@smartmoney.com>
Subject Ant Input Problem
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:39:52 GMT
Hi,
    I have written a CustomTask that waits for some input from a web server in a loop but
if it reaches a timeout it stops. I want the user to have the option to press a and enter
at anytime to abort the check and continue execution. I have implemented this in java using
the System.in.available() command and then the System.in.read(buffer, 0, c). My code runs
fine when run in java however when called through the custom tasks ant never accepts input
let alone send the input to my program. No characters I type show up on the screen. Basically
the functionality I am looking for is non-blocking input and am willing to implement it anyway
possible even if it is a bit of a hack. Thanks in advance.

Jacob