ant-user mailing list archives

From "KrustyDerClown" <>
Subject CVS Tag with ANT or CruiseControl
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:44:32 GMT

i have this little ANT target:

<target name="tag">
    <cvs cvsRoot="${cvs.root}" command="rtag" dest="${cvs.dir}" failonerror="yes">
            <argument line="RelXX ${module}"/>

Is there an easy solution to increase the tag ?

For example ... from "Rel16" to "Rel17". I think its not so esay, because i must first know
the old tag from CVS and then increase the number. And the number is just a part of the tag.

I use also CruiseControl ... maybe its easier that CruiseControl control the tag "text" (RelXX)
and save this in a XML file ... and i take the tag from this xml file in ANT.

What do you mean ? What is the easiest way ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Greets Michael