ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AbstractCvsTask not executing second command???
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:11:48 GMT
> Well, actually, when they cannot be executed twice in a row, it often
> means that they are buggy, because some instance variables modified by
> the execution of the task are not reset to their value before the
> execution of the task.

What about tasks that null out data members at the end of the execute
method to release objects that are no longer needed (on the assumption
that the task is one-time use only)?

My point was basically that certain tasks might support being reused, but
as a general rule I wouldn't try it; I've seen many tasks that make the
assumption that they will only be used once.

Bottom line - I would assume it's not safe to reuse a task unless I was
certain that the task was coded in such a way to allow that type of usage.

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere Build SWAT Team Lead