ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to register a customn BuildListener
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:39:06 GMT
Maybe override the "setProject" method on your DataType extensions and
handle the registration there?

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere Build SWAT Team Lead

Tim Kettler <tim.kettler@udo.edu>
06/27/2005 12:14 PM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

user@ant.apache.org
cc

Subject
How to register a customn BuildListener

Hi,

I'm writing a few extensions to Ant to integrate it in our locale build
environment. I have written a customn DataType and on the first
instantiation of the type I want to register a customn BuildListener.
Therefore I have to call the 'addBuildListener()' method of the Project
class. But when trying to obtain a reference to that class by calling
'this.getProject()' in the constructor of my type a null reference is
returned.

Is this a bug? If not, how can I access the Project class? Is there an
other way to register a BuildListener at that stage?

Thanks in advance
Tim Kettler