ant-user mailing list archives

From Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>
Subject How to use multiple filesets with classpath AND copy
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:15:05 GMT
Hi. I'm building a handful of Struts webapps, and would like to do
this in my build scripts:

I want to specify a collection of .jar files from several different
directories, and I want to refer to the entire collection with a
single id. Now, I can make a fileset or filelist for a directory,
give it an ID and reference it in a classpath or a copy structure.
But I need to make two or three of these. I don't want my copy tags
or classpath tags to have to reference more than a single file-
structure ID.

I need some kind of nested fileset. Is there any other way to do it?
I want the equivalent of the following (of course, using filelists or
whatever inside). Any ideas?

<fileset id="myFileSet">
     <fileset dir="foodir">
         <include name="log4j-1.2.8.jar"/>
         <include name="lucene-1.4.2.jar"/>
     </fileset>

     <fileset dir="bardir">
         <include name="something.jar"/>
         <include name="somethingelse.jar"/>
     </fileset>
</fileset>

<classpath>
     <fileset refid="myFileSet"/>
</classpath>

<copy todir="${app.build}" preservelastmodified="true">
     <fileset refid="myFileSet"/>
</copy>

Thanks!

--