ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Subant - selecting projects to build
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:06:52 GMT
Thanks Jan.

I have another requirement for checking two property values. My solution doesn't work well
for this requirement. The scriptselector solution below can easily be extended to check two
or more properties.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:07 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: AW: Subant - selecting projects to build

Using a selector would be the finest, as you said.
The problem is that all selectors check the given file.
But your selector has to inspect a different one:
- you want to select the module build.xml
- you have to check the content of the module build.property

Therefore you have to write your own selector. With 1.7 this is much more
easier because you could script that. So the code would something like

<subant ..>
    <fileset ...>
        <include name="*/build.xml"/>
        <scriptselector language="javascript">
            dir = file.getParent();
            nameWithoutSuffix = filename.substring(0, filename.lastIndexOf('.'));
            propName = nameWithoutSuffix + ".properties";
            propFile = new java.io.File(dir, propName);

            propHasHost = ...

            self.setSelected(propHasHost);
        </scriptselector>
    </fileset>
</subant>

For the check for the text content you could reuse the contains selector, as you already
had. Instantiate and check

    selector = new ContainsSelector();
    selector.setText("deployhost=" + project.getProperty("host") );
    propHasHost = selector.isSelected(dir, propName, propFile);

Just my ideas as pseudo code ...

If you┬┤ll get it to work, let us know.

Jan