ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: deployment of web app
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:49:38 GMT
I am not 100% sure that I have read your mail right but it sounds like
your WEB-INF folder is at the wrong level, which would make everything
else fail. (Are you using the <war> task? This should make building the
file quite easy).

A war file should have the following structure

(root)              <= put HTML, JSP, images etc. here

   +-(any folders)  <= put HTML, JSP, images etc. here

   +-WEB-INF        <= web.xml goes here

        +-classes   <= any classes (in your usual Java package directory
structure)

        +-lib       <= JAR files referenced by classes

It's years since I used Tomcat so I'm not sure about the specifics of
deployment to it any more, but generally if your War file is myapp.war,
then once deployed its default page would be at
http://yourserver:yourport/myapp

Hope this helps
Keith