ant-user mailing list archives

From "S I" <xia...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Sshexec task, running commands using 'sudo'
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 05:17:24 GMT
You just discovered one of the shortcomings (or is it?) of sshexec.  Even if
your Admin removes sudo's psswd, you will not be able to use that ant task
as fars I know and been told by this forum.

However, couple of folks here, have mentioned that Antcontrib (google or go
to sourceforge.net to get it) resolves this issue.  I personally have not
got around to it or thank the person who posted and responded to my post.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Rich Harris" <rharris@shopping.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Sshexec task, running commands using 'sudo'
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:39:36 -0700

An addendum...I noticed that when running 'sudo' commands manually I get
prompted for my password the first time I use it. That may be where it's
hanging. The uname/pass auth. only happens upon the initial ssh connect
using the sshexec and doesn't carry over through the session if you need
to run sudo. I would assume that since 'sudo' may be something widely
used for administrative purposes there may be solution or fix for
this....at least I hope so. :-)

Any help is appreciated.
-Rich

Rich Harris