ant-user mailing list archives

From "S I" <>
Subject RE: ANT <CVS> Task
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:02:46 GMT
Great Rob. Thank you very much. Your explanation made it very clear. Thanks
again :)

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Subject: RE: ANT <CVS> Task
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:12:46 -0700

Comments below...

This is true only if you are doing an rtag. A cvs tag will label what you
currently have checked out in your workspace.

 > Then again I'm not clear of CVS Tagging architecture, in the
 > sense, that
 > whether it matches my local working folder's date/time stamp
 > to the live
 > repository and that is what it tags only or tags the live
 > repository at its
 > current state?   Which is the case?  Does it matter when a
 > buildmaster tags
 > their project?

cvs rtag will tag the repository, cvs tag will tag your workspace. Two

1. cvs rtag, then checkout the tag with cvs co -r tagname
2. cvs co first, then cvs tag

These two possibilities will ensure that what you are building is what is
tagged, and vice-versa.

-Rob A

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: