ant-user mailing list archives

From "BATCHELOR, SCOTT \(CONTRACTOR\)" <SCOTT.BATCHE...@DFAS.MIL>
Subject RE: Error message
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:23:02 GMT
Yes obviously I do misunderstand as the script I am trying to execute does this by default:

<target name="build"
          description="Compile jtc">
    <mkdir dir="${build.dir}/classes" />
    <mkdir dir="${lib.dir}" />

    <ant dir="util">

But it fails also complaining that "util" does not exist.

-SB

-----Original Message-----
From: Shatzer, Larry [mailto:Larry.Shatzer@MIROtechnologies.com]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 12:58 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Error message

You misunderstand how <ant> works. It is used to call another ant script,
and execute it. In your example, it is calling the same ant script that is
running, and default target, which I guess is 'build'.

Whatever you have set as basedir="" in your <project> will be ${basedir},
and by default, it is '.' Then you can base all of your other directories
off ${basedir}.