ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Help on submitting a patch to ant
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:02:44 GMT
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Tobias K. Tobiasen <> wrote:

> *) Should I make the patch for 1.6.x or 1.7?

CVS HEAD.  There most probably won't be any 1.6.x release after 1.6.5.

> *) If you are not forking the junit task you still have to put
> junit.jar in the system classpath. Is it OK to change the junit task
> so it forks a new process for junit if junit.jar isn't present in
> the system classpath?

Why?  Print a warning and fail seems to be the better choice to me,
otherwise we are only hiding a setup problem.

> Even if people have fork="false" in the build file?

No.  If people set an attribute, Ant should respect that.

> *) Where is the proper place to post these questions?

> I have looked at the archive and it does not seem
> to be the right place.

Why not?  What makes you think it was not appropriate?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message