ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murali Polanthan" <mpolant...@iconnicholson.com>
Subject RE: cross-platform vss ant script?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:28:17 GMT
Well, since all the <vssget> task does is provide a wrapper for the VSS
command-line client (ss.exe), your script will fail on any machine
without this client, be it Windows or Unix.   You first need to find a
command-line VSS client that works on Linux, and modify the <vssget>
task to use this new client instead of ss.exe.  Or you could use the
<exec> task with this new client instead of  <vssget> on the Linux box.
Personally I have never used a command line VSS client on any flavor of
Unix, but Google returned the following, which may be of use to you:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/index.html
http://www.codeforge.com/products/?id=3

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: chadster415 [mailto:chad.armstrong@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:59 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: cross-platform vss ant script?

Hello,
  I have an ant script running under Win XP that accesses VSS using
the vssget task. Now I want to be able to run the script under Linux,
accessing VSS if possible. I have found some documentation online
regarding Wine, but is this the only way to go? It seems like I then
need to mount the VSS server as a drive to the linux machine, which
isn't feasible in my work environment. Any other suggestions?

thanks
Chad