ant-user mailing list archives

From Anand Krishniyer <akris...@savvion.com>
Subject Re: xmltask question failWithMatch?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:06:51 GMT
Hi
how to fail  a build if a particular node(or attribute of a node) is
present/matches in the xml. For e,g

       <xmltask source="${sbm.patches.conf.dir}/sbm-patches.xml">
        <call path="sbm-patches/sbm-patch[@id='${patch.id}']"
target="PatchExistsError" inheritAll="true" inheritRefs="true">
            <param name="patchid" path="@id"/>
        </call>
        </xmltask>

In PatchExistsError I want to print an error message and fail.
<target name="PatchExistsError">
        <echo message="Patch ${patchid} is already applied. pl remove
the patch and then reapply."/>
       <!-- NEED TO FAIL HERE-->
    </target>
If I make it fail here the Xmltask throws an exception which I don't
want the user to see. I am not able to suppress this exception with
trycatch task either.

Basically I want to make the build fail if there is a match in the xml
(opposite of failWithoutMatch attribute in the Xmltask).

Thanks
Anand