ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with ant under linux
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:41:58 GMT
Ivan Ivanov wrote:

>--- Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>The java stuff in Ivan's comment is correct.
>>However, the ant needs a little work!
>>The -cp not been reconized is due to an
>>older version of ant being installed.
>>

>It did not occur to me there is another ant version. I
>then suppose that it is the real culprit. So we should
>not blame GCJ for not supporting the same arguments.

But using (by mistake) gcj may cause other problems, so
it is good to avoid it if it is not necessary.

>What Diana can do now is too check what ant is
>preinstalled with a command like this:
>rpm -qa | grep ant.
>

>>This can be seen by looking at the file
>>/etc/ant.conf
>>It (re)sets the ANT_HOME env variable.
>>

>Or the pre-installed ant can be installed completely
>with rpm -e. I prefer this way to prevent another
>problem with mixed versions of ant.

This would be better. I am still (after ~10 years)
getting used to the idea of personal unix compters!

>>To test this please
>>do
>>ant --noconfig -version
>>

>This is the first time I see --noconfig option and I
>haven't noticed it in the ant manual. Could you please
>give more light on it?

I do not think that it is desribed in the 1.6.* manual.
There is a mention in the install.html in 1.7 cvs head.
The option simply causes the ant script to igore /etc/ant.conf.

Peter