ant-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Bat...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Help with (regexp?) file mapper
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:42:35 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Emmanouil Batsis [mailto:Emmanouil.Batsis@eurodyn.com]
>>It didn't work at first but then i remembered my machine at work runs
>>windows; It works fine after changing the from attribute to
>>(.+)\\(.+).xml. I think i saw something regarding the path seperator and
>>how to make it transparent to the task so i'll look for that now. Many
>>thanks for giving me a head start!
>>

>Yes, you've run into the ugly bit in mappers, namely the fact that the
>file separator changes on different platforms, compounded by the fact
>that the Windows separator is a special character in regexp.

${file.separator} does not work for regexp mapper but that is a minor
issue; the real issue, IMHO, is using mappers within other tasks. For
example, the xslt/style allows a nested mapper type="regexp" but that
does not support the  handledirsep attribute. regexpmapper does, but
that subtask is not allowed by xslt!

Anyway, i just defined a project property to use within mappers and that
works well.

Thaniks,

Manos