ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Agnew <br...@oopsconsultancy.com>
Subject Re: Removing Comments During Build
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:31:23 GMT
If your pages are valid XML (e.g. XHTML) then you can use xmltask to bin
comments simply using:

<remove path="//child::comment()"/>

http://www.oopsconsultancy.com/software/xmltask/

Brian

Tom Frantz wrote:

>I want to be able to have comments in my code for JSP, HTML, JavaScript, ect., but I don't
want those comments to show up on the user's browser when they use "View Source".

>I recently found out (the hard way) that excessive use of comments ends up slowing the
response time for the pages. Our web and app servers are in Pittsburgh but our users are in
Ireland.

--
Brian Agnew                  http://www.oopsconsultancy.com
OOPS Consultancy Ltd         brian @ oopsconsultancy.com