ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Errors while trying to compile ant 1.6.5 with gcj 4.0
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:38:58 GMT
It is an interesting exercise... Tools.jar is required, if you want to
run <javac/> in process, otherwise you can specify <javac
fork="true".../> and external compiler will be used (for example,
jikes). Another possibility is to compile tools.jar into native code
(not sure whether gcj can do it and maybe it is illegal, because gcj
would have to decompile bytecode in order to generate native code and I
doubt you will have rights to redistribute the results).

- Alexey.