ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: Ant for non-java development
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:52:53 GMT
hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com wrote:

> Can ant be used to build non-java applications?

Absolutely.

A few years ago, I used Ant to build an entire suite of Delphi
applications - it was the core of our repeatable build process.

I forget the exact details, but a fair summary would be:

-- Start from a set of blank directories
-- Retrieve source code for most recent production release (From QVCS)
-- Retrieve updated code from that point until current Head of Tree
-- Build 70+ Delphi Applications
-- Build around 10 Java Server Applications
-- Log the results of each distinct application to our Intranet
-- Archive the results onto our fileserver
-- In under 40 minutes

It worked a TREAT!

Hope this helps,
Bevan.