ant-user mailing list archives

From James Fuller <jim.ful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject Re: remoteAnt vs. rant
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:49:11 GMT
lists@bitfaeule.net wrote:

>I need to make a decision what to use for my distributed build-system that synchronously
builds C++ on Mac and WIn and a large java project also on mac and win.

IMHO, RemoteAnt within ant-contrib lib wins hands down for stability
etc...though if want you want is sophisticated scheduling I would
reccommend LuntBuild, Anthill Pro, or some other continuous integration
approach....I try to keep source control has my common denominator
between disparate builds, though if you are in a situation where you
*need* to build across many machines, in a particular sequence, whilst
cascading dependencies to each machine sometimes using RemoteAnt is your
only choice. Another very common scenario that I use RemoteAnt is for
deployment.

gl, Jim Fuller