ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Moodie <mattmoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deployment of web app
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:38:45 GMT
Hi,

What the previous reply meant was that the WEB-INF folder should not be
in the bluegrass folder. It should be in the root folder of your
application.

Also, if you are using the default Tomcat set-up, you do not need to use
the manager application. If your WAR is valid, Tomcat will deploy it.
The relevant attribute on the host element is autoDeploy. Set it to true
to deploy applications automatically.

You can deploy the webapp using Ant if you want. Copy
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar to $ANT_HOME/lib and add the
following task definition to your build file:

<taskdef name="deploy" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask"/>

Then you can use it as follows:

<deploy url="${manager.url}"
         username="${manager.userid}"
         password="${manager.password}"
         path="/myapp"
         war="file:myapp.war"
         update="true"/>

If your file is valid (i.e. it has WEB-INF at the root) Ant will deploy it.

Matt