ant-user mailing list archives

From li...@bitfaeule.net
Subject RemoteAnt / AntServer
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:45:19 GMT
Hi Group,

I'm very pleased to find the AntServer / RemoteAnt implementation in the cobtrib package and
I think it's impressively easy to use. One question:

Why does it always shut down the server after a single remoteAnt-task has been run? I would
like to run multiple remoteAnt-tasks. Moreover I would like to re-use the server after it
has finished a build.. I wouldn't mind if it just sat listening to its socket forever, doing
a build every now and then when my build-system triggers the server. Is there a specific reason
to shut down the server?

It seems quite strange to implement another server (that is always available) to launch the
AntServer before running a task. Any ideas?

Thanks

jacques