ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple IFs, or IFs on tasks
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:38:49 GMT
Correct on both counts,

For the first one, you may want to use a <condition> task to "consolidate" all the individual
flags into one property which you use in the if="" attribute.

As for the second, it is touch-and-go as to which tasks have an if/unless attribute (i.e.
some have them and some don't).  The fail task is one that comes to mind that has both but
these attributes are not "generic" to all tasks (there have numerous discussion on this already,
but to no avail :-(

"Frank W. Zammetti" <fzlists@omnytex.com> wrote:
Hi all... I'm trying to solve a problem and one of the following two
approaches would work, and although it doesn't seem possible from my
testing, I wanted to run it by you guys...

First, is it possible to do if checks on a target against multiple
properties? I tried simply have two if attributes, but that threw an
error, and I tried a comma-separated list within a single if, but that
resulted in the task not executing.

Second, I might be missing it, but there doesn't seem to be an if
attribute on a task (like copy for instance), is that correct?

Thanks all!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect