ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Nesbitt <snesb...@cobaltgroup.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.3+ and JunitReport
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:53:04 GMT
Stefan:

Thanks much.

One question - we are finding that placing Xalan 2 into ANT_LIB requires that
we change the name from xalan.jar to ant-xalan.jar to ensure that it is
placed on the classpath prior to ant-xalan1.jar.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 23:40, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Stephen Nesbitt <snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone translate the Requirements note in the JunitReport task
> > documentation into something approximating english?
>
> I think I've written it, so don't expect my second attempt to be any
> better 8-)
>
> > I've run smack dab into the problem of not being able to generate
> > frames because of a conflict with Xalan,
>
> This means you are currently using Xalan-J 1.x, correct?
>
> > Is it a simple matter of downloading Xalan 2 and placing it in the
> > ant lib?
>
> This depends on your JDK.  But if you are using Xalan-J 1.x now, it is
> a matter of replacing this with the 2.x version.  If Xalan 1.x is in
> ANT_HOME/lib, replace it with the 2.x version.
>
> > What about the presence of ant-xalan1.jar? Does it stay or go away?
>
> It can stay or you can remove it.  I'd keep it since it doesn't do any
> harm.
>
> Stefan

Stephen Nesbitt
Senior Configuration Management Engineer
The Cobalt Group
snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
x8271