ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: ANT <CVS> Task
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:12:46 GMT
Comments below...

This is true only if you are doing an rtag. A cvs tag will label what you currently have checked
out in your workspace.

> Then again I'm not clear of CVS Tagging architecture, in the
> sense, that
> whether it matches my local working folder's date/time stamp
> to the live
> repository and that is what it tags only or tags the live
> repository at its
> current state?   Which is the case?  Does it matter when a
> buildmaster tags
> their project?

cvs rtag will tag the repository, cvs tag will tag your workspace. Two options:

1. cvs rtag, then checkout the tag with cvs co -r tagname
2. cvs co first, then cvs tag

These two possibilities will ensure that what you are building is what is tagged, and vice-versa.

-Rob A