ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: "files" attribute problem in <mail> task
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:00:38 GMT

Maybe '${user.home}' works
i do that for property that contain spaces

Regards, Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:57 AM
Subject: "files" attribute problem in <mail> task

Hi ,

I am trying to send mail through the <mail> task. I am using the "files"
attribute to set the attachement file.
If I set the attribute as
	files = "${user.home}/test.txt"
on windows XP, then ant throws this error "File "and" does not exist or
is not readable.".
	${user.home} is "C:/Documents and Settings/<username>"
The same thing works fine when I use <fileset> to set the attachement
file name.
Does this mean I cannot use "files" attribute when the path has spaces
in between like "Documents and Settings" ???

"Making a valuable difference"
Mastek in NASSCOM's 'India Top 20' Software Service Exporters List.
In the US, we're called MAJESCO

Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
that of Mastek Limited, unless specifically indicated to that effect.
Mastek Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for it.
This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with it are
confidential and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended
person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, re-transmission,
recipient is prohibited. This e-mail and its attachments have been
scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments
before opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
delete this e-mail from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: