ant-user mailing list archives

From Ben Stringer <...@burbong.com>
Subject Re: cvs update command
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:55:43 GMT
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 10:22 -0400, blackwater dev wrote:
> In order to update my code from cvs, I typically cd into my directory
>
> /httpd/mystuff/
>
> then just do "cvs update".
>
> I am trying to put this into a cvs task but keep getting errors.
>
> <cvs cvsRoot="/usr/local/cvs"
>        package="pollywog"
>        dest="httpd/mystuff"
> 	   command="update -d pollywog"
> />
>
> Error:
>
> [cvs] ..: unknown host
>       [cvs] ..: unknown host
>       [cvs] ..: Unknown host
>       [cvs] cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult
> above messages if any)
>
> Also, is the cvsRoot specific to where the build file lives?  I mean
> if I am deep in my home directory should it be ../../usr/local/cvs?

The cvsRoot is the location of the CVS repository. The update works for
you from the command line because the repository location is stored in
local state files in the checked out CVS tree. The example you gave
above would only work if the CVS repository is on the same host as you -
is it?

Take a look in your checked out code tree - in each directory there will
be a CVS subdir, containing a file called "Root", and this has the cvs
repository details within it.

Cheers, Ben

Ben Stringer ===== ben@burbong.com