ant-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject "clone" ejb-jar with input from XML file
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:27:30 GMT
Using Ant 1.5.4 and JDK 1.4.2 (No flexibility here).

I have a complex series of build operations I want to perform,
concerning an ejb-jar and an input XML file.  I'm looking for some
advice on what tools and pieces I can use to get this done.

My input will be an ejb-jar file and an XML file describing what I need
to produce.  For each of a particular element in the XML file, I will
produce a "clone" ejb-jar where the ejb-jar.xml file is identical to the
original except the "ejb-name" element will have a prefix added to it,
and several environment entries will be added.

This would be straightforward in pure Java, but I'm trying to do as much
of this with Ant and xslt as possible.  Some pieces of this are
straightforward with Ant, but some of the structural elements are not. I
think the hard part is parsing the XML file to determine exactly what
information to set in the cloned ejb-jar.xml file, and doing this in a
loop (essentially).

Would adding Beanshell (through BSF through Ant) make this easier to
accomplish?  I've only briefly looked at this.