ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bijo Alex Thomas" <bijoa...@dsrc.co.in>
Subject Re: What's wrong with this script?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 04:22:39 GMT
Use
<include name="*/**"/>
instead of
<include name="**"/>

Regards,
Bijo

_________________________________
Bijo Alex Thomas
DSRC, 6, Smith Road, Chennai - 2
Mail: bijoalex@dsrc.co.in
Website: http://dsrc.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yaakov Chaikin" <yaakov.chaikin@gmail.com>
To: "Ant User" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:49 PM
Subject: What's wrong with this script?

Hi,

I've been using ANT for a long time, but I guess, I am kind of rusty
on creating the scripts themselves.

Here is a simple script. All it does is copy a directory structure to
another directory. For some reason, I get all the directories PLUS
another directory called {tomcat.dir.deploy} (that's its literal
name). That directory has inside of it once again the entire directory
structure I want to copy plus yet another directory
{tomcat.dir.deploy}. This keeps going about 3 levels down, until
finally there is only the directories I wanted to copy without the
{tomcat.dir.deploy} directory.

Could someone point out to me what I am doing wrong?

Here is the build.xml I am using. It sits
<project name="deployDemo" default="deploy" basedir=".">
<property name="tomcat.dir.deploy"
location="C:/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps" />
<property name="app.name" value="deployDemo"/>
<target name="deploy">
<copy todir="${tomcat.dir.deploy}/${app.name}">
<fileset dir="${basedir}">
<include name="**"/>
<exclude name="build.xml" />
</fileset>
</copy>
</target>
<target name="clean">
<delete dir="${tomcat.dir.deploy}/${app.name}" />
</target>
</project>

Thanks,
Yaakov.