ant-user mailing list archives

From glenn.h.br...@jpmorgan.com
Subject srcdir attribute and <src> element in the javac task
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 22:00:32 GMT

My impression from reading the docs was that the srcdir attribute and the
<src> element were interchangable when using the javac task. However when I
execute the code given below I get the message that srcdir attribute must
be set.

NOTE:
The reason that I need to have the fileset set up the way I do is the fact
that this script will be building various jar files in eclipse projects
sitting in various places on the directory tree laid out by my scm system.
This is done for project management purposes. Each project will be
guaranteed to exist only once in the directory tree.

<javac destdir="${build.dir}/coreFramework/classes" >
      <src>
        <fileset dir="${scm.dir}">
          <include name="**/${jar.project}/src" />
        </fileset>
      </src>
      <classpath>
        <fileset dir="${scm.dir}/">
          <include name="**/${jar.project}/lib/*.jar" />
        </fileset>
      </classpath>
    </javac>

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or
solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements
made herein do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.