ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: dirset and relative path problem
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 13:10:54 GMT
Just a shot, but can you use ".." as the basedir of the dirset and then
use include patterns that are relative to that?

Also, it really doesn't look like you're using patterns for your includes
here...why not just use a filelist for your directories?

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere Build SWAT Team Lead

"Eric Wood" <ewood@llbean.com>
05/16/2005 07:40 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

<user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
dirset and relative path problem

I'm using a dirset to build a classpath:

<path id="classpath">
            <fileset dir="${dir.wc.lib}">
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
            </fileset>

            <dirset dir="." >
                <include
name="../WebSphereCommerceServerExtensionsData/bin" />
                <include name="../Stores/Web Content/WEB-INF/classes" />
            </dirset>
</path>

The problem is that it doesn't seem to like the relative references of the
embedded includes.  When I run the build.xml in debug mode I get the
following:

   dirset: Setup scanner in
   dir
/ClearCase_Storage/viewroot/erw_test_SSI/vob/ecomm_commerce_suite/AppServer/WebSphereCommerceServerExtensionsLogic

   with patternSet{ includes:
[../WebSphereCommerceServerExtensionsData/bin, ../Stores/Web
Content/WEB-INF/classes] excludes: [] }

and the build fails because it can't locate classes in these directories.

It appears that it generates a patternSet from the embedded <include ...>
elements. If I change the way I build so the pathing is fully qualified
then I can successfully compile my code, but I really desire to reference
these directories relatively.

Does anybody know how I can relatively  reference directories that contain
classes?

Eric Wood
ewood@llbean.com
207.552.2306