ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Bothner [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]" <>
Subject updating jar file with existing file: overwrite?
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 08:43:18 GMT

I have an ear archive that contains an application.xml file which I need
to replace.  The jar, zip, and ear tasks all do not provide the
functionality of replacing the file as far as I can see.  The duplicate
argument only takes "fail", "skip" and "add" as arguments.

Does anybody know how I can do this, or do I have to extract the entire
archive, replace the file and recreate the archive?

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see