ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: updating jar file with existing file: overwrite?
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 10:27:10 GMT
Andreas,

update="true" can be used on <jar> etc.
Make sure that the "new" versions of the files you wish to include
really do have later date/time stamps as that is the basis for applying
the update.
Of course, underneath Ant is extracting and recreating the archive as
you describe.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Bothner [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]
[mailto:Bothne_A@mtn.co.za]
Sent: 16 May 2005 09:43
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: updating jar file with existing file: overwrite?

Hi,

I have an ear archive that contains an application.xml file which I need
to replace.  The jar, zip, and ear tasks all do not provide the
functionality of replacing the file as far as I can see.  The duplicate
argument only takes "fail", "skip" and "add" as arguments.

Does anybody know how I can do this, or do I have to extract the entire
archive, replace the file and recreate the archive?

Regards,

Andreas

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see
http://www.mtn.co.za/default.aspx?pid=34411