ant-user mailing list archives

From "S I" <xia...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: Jarpend.jar
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 17:56:17 GMT
Jan

Thank you for your help.  I already use jarpend in my daily builds from the
command line, however, I was hoping that there would be an ANT task for it,
so I could do it from within ANT.  Right now, I found out that I can pass it
to <java> task as an Arg and make it work but it's somewhat messy and
requires the use of many other Ant task to accomplish what I do on the DOS
command line.

I found out both the .tar and tar.gz files on jarpend.sourceforge.net are
beta and in mime/base64 and not unzippable by winzip.
jarpend.sourceforge.net      Not good, don't download from here.

However, should you ever need this file, go to sourceforge.net home and do a
search for jarpend and download it from that link.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jarpend/   Download from here.

THANK YOU especially for this part:  I wasn't sure how to achieve this.
Thanks again :)

The jarpend.jar is in the source- and binary distro.

In the src-distro there is a class net.sourceforge.jarpend.ant.JarpendTask
which seems to be the task you
need. Declare it with <taskdef> like every external task.
A look into its source shows following attributes:
   classes, excludeclasses, excludepackages (all space separated lists),
   ignoreunfulfilleddependencies, ignorestrangenamedclasses,
includedefaultjavaclasses, debug (boolean),
   destfile (filename)
and a nested
   <classpath>