ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth McKnight" <kmckni...@vitria.com>
Subject RE: extracting project revision number
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 17:53:57 GMT
Hi Brian,

I'm definitely interested. We've just switched from cvs and svn. I'm in
the process of replacing our home-grown build system with Ant and would
love to latch into the svn revision, etc. For starters can you share
with us what your custom task syntax looks like and a little more detail
of how you use it?

ken :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lalor [mailto:blalor@bravo5.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:51 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: extracting project revision number

On Apr 29, 2005, at 10:19 AM, Andre Charbonneau wrote:

> I would like to extract the Subversion build number of my project
> and use this to name my release files (tar.gz).  What I thought of
> doing is to put a Subversion tag in my build.properties file.
> Something like the following:

I've written a task for ant that uses javasvn to examine the
project's working copy and set some properties based on whether the
WC is checked out from a tag, has uncommitted changes, etc.  I've not
yet made this task available outside my organization, and it has some
known flaws, but I find it works well for me.  If there's interest,
I'll open it up.

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor