ant-user mailing list archives

From "McIntosh, Stephen" <Stephen.McInt...@gs.com>
Subject RE: multiple compilations
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 13:55:04 GMT
Thank you for your help, Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) [mailto:Rob.Anderson@nike.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:34 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: multiple compilations

Setting a property if any compilation fails would work. Try using the
ant-conrti <trycatch> task. Something like this...

<target name="main" depends="create_thing1, create_thing2,didonefail"/>

<target name="create_thing1" depends="compile_a, compile_b,didonefail"/>

<target name="create_thing2" depends="compile_c,didonefail"/>

<target name="didonefail">
  <fail if="onefailed">
One of the compiles failed.</fail>
</target>

<target name="compile_a">
   <trycatch>
     <try>
       <javac...>
     </try>
     <catch>
       <property name="onefailed" value="true"/>
     </catch>
   <trycacth>
</target>

<target name="compile_b">
   <trycatch>
     <try>
       <javac...>
     </try>
     <catch>
       <property name="onefailed" value="true"/>
     </catch>
   <trycacth>
</target>

<target name="compile_c">
   <trycatch>
     <try>
       <javac...>
     </try>
     <catch>
       <property name="onefailed" value="true"/>
     </catch>
   <trycacth>
</target>

-Rob A