ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Jarpend.jar
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:41:58 GMT
Never heard. Here some infos:

Homepage:
  http://jarpend.sourceforge.net/
Project Page:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jarpend/
Short Description:
  Jarpend is a tool to create jar-files containing all Java classes required
by a given set of classes. It
  also allows you to test whether a certain classpath fulfills the
dependencies of a class. Use it to make
  the NoClassDefFoundError extinct.
  The goal of the Jarpend Project is to provide tools concerning dependency
checking for Java. It provides
  a tool called jarpend, that allows you to test whether a certain classpath
fulfills the requirements of a
  given set of classes and to build a JAR file containing only the required
classes. You can use it through
  a command line interface or as an Ant Task. Of course this is an Open
Source Project.
License:
  BSD
Download:
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jarpend/jarpend-0.8.0.1.tar.gz?download

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jarpend/jarpend-0.8.0.1-with-source.tar.g
z?download

The jarpend.jar is in the source- and binary distro.

In the src-distro there is a class net.sourceforge.jarpend.ant.JarpendTask
which seems to be the task you
need. Declare it with <taskdef> like every external task.
A look into its source shows following attributes:
  classes, excludeclasses, excludepackages (all space separated lists),
  ignoreunfulfilleddependencies, ignorestrangenamedclasses,
includedefaultjavaclasses, debug (boolean),
  destfile (filename)
and a nested
  <classpath>

I think you are deeper in that topic than me, so you should be able to guess
what that names could mean :-)

Jan