ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <mlundqui...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: import Tidy jar, path to jar
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 15:16:00 GMT
Hi TH,

okay...

On May 24, 2005, at 7:58 AM, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:

> I'm not sure how to approach this error, any pointers would be
> appreciated.
>
> <..snip>
>
>     [javac] /home/thufir/java/src/atreides/tidyXhtml/Test16.java:9:
> package
> org.w3c.tidy does not exist
>
> <..snip>
>

>         <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
>                 <javac
>                         srcdir          ="${sourceDir}"
>                         destdir         ="${outputDir}"
>                         classpath       ="${includeJar}"
>                 />
>         </target>
>
> <..snip>
>
>         <property name="includeJar"
> 		value="/home/thufir/java/src/w3c/tidy/Tidy.jar" />

Your problem is that the classpath property to <javac> does not take a
(string-valued) property as its value, it takes a path.

Try this:

	<path id="tidy.classpath">
		<pathelement path="/home/thufir/java/src/w3c/tidy/Tidy.jar">
	</path>

Then in your "compile" target, use this in your <javac>:

	classpath = ${tidy.classpath}

Just FYI, a couple of your practices here are a little odd:
	1) Having a jar file in your java/src tree;
	2) hard-coding the full pathname of your classpath, instead of having
it be relative and/or using a property

HTH,
—ml—