ant-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Mishkin <bmish...@hoovers.com>
Subject RE: Using Ant to start tomcat and run cactus tests
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 14:59:25 GMT
Hmmm...

I revised the target per your advice:

<java dir="${tomcat.home}" classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"
fork="yes">
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${tomcat.home}"/>
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.base=${tomcat.home}/webapps"/>
                <arg value="start"/>
                <classpath>
                  <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
                      <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                  </fileset>
                </classpath>
        </java>

And

<java dir="${tomcat.home}/bin"
classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap" fork="yes">
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${tomcat.home}"/>
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.base=${tomcat.home}/webapps"/>
                <arg value="start"/>
                <classpath>
                  <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
                      <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                  </fileset>
                </classpath>
        </java>

I still get the same error :(  I'm guessing you are correct but I'm not sure
how to fix the problem.  I also tried this:

<java classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap" fork="yes">
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${tomcat.home}"/>
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.base=${tomcat.home}/webapps"/>
                <arg value="start"/>
                <classpath>
                  <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
                      <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                  </fileset>
                    <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
                      <include name="conf/server.xml"/>
                  </fileset>
                </classpath>
</java>

But that didn't work either :(  I'd appreciate any other ideas

Bryan