ant-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Mishkin <bmish...@hoovers.com>
Subject Using Ant to start tomcat and run cactus tests
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 14:32:17 GMT
Has anyone gotten this to work?  I am fairly skilled with ant and tried
various solutions from the web and the cactus website.  Currently I am
utilizing the following to attempt to start tomcat:

<runservertests

testurl="${cactus.contextURL}-test/${cactus.servletRedirectorName}?Cactus_Se
rvice=RUN_TEST"
                starttarget="tomcat-start"
                stoptarget="tomcat-stop"
                testtarget="execute-cactus-tests"/>

<target name="tomcat-start">
         <!-- Start Tomcat -->
        <java classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap" fork="yes">
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.home=${tomcat.home}"/>
                <jvmarg value="-Dcatalina.base=${tomcat.home}/webapps"/>
                <arg value="start"/>
                <classpath>
                  <fileset dir="${tomcat.home}">
                      <include name="bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
                  </fileset>
                </classpath>
        </java>

    </target>

The message ANT returns is 'Can't Load Server.xml'

Can't load server.xml
Can't load server.xml
May 10, 2005 9:27:35 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 0 ms
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:619)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:579)
	... 6 more

Ideas would be appreciated or tips on getting cactus tests integrated into a
build

Thanks

Bryan